Thursday, May 3, 2007

secrecy is dead

I am all for the extra security measures taken by credit cards, websites etc, all in the name of keeping your credit your own rather than letting it be taken by any number of freaks. But sometimes it can go too far....

I had a tiny window of opportunity to grab my wifes birthday present. She didn't know, and it was literally the only moment available. so with child on shoulders, I head into Future shop to grab something that I have had my eye on for a good while now. Pick it up thinking that i am being fabulously discreet. Pick up the other child, some dinner and I head home. All good right? Wrong.

Turns out that while I was out, Visa calls home to inquire about some "questionable purchases", specifically one at future shop. At which point my wife tells the little visa man on the phone that that was probably her birthday present. ... There is a pause ... then there is an "oh my god" quietly mumbled from some cubicle in New York, quickly followed by "i'm really sorry".

So needless to say she is very exited to see what I got for her at future shop.... nuts.

No comments: