Tuesday, May 8, 2007


I was asked the other day what I thought of the Universe and how it works and where we go when we die etc. and it reminded me of something.


There is a theory that I started coming up with when I was about 12 years old and have been developing since. I have never read any books on it, nor indeed have I seen anything that agrees with it, but to me it just makes sense in a really simple way. There is a rhythm to everything in the universe: molecules are vibrating, hearts are pumping, and the Universe as a whole has a pulse that takes billions of years to go through. So I believe that everything in the Universe is a part of the same rhythm, a beat that connects everything to everything else, it is balanced and instantly recognizable when we feel it. When someone is 'out of sync' thats where the confusion starts to happen. They feel lost and struggle to find some meaning in their lives, panic, go faster and faster, visit a guru to go slower and slower. All for the sole purpose of finding a rhythm inside that connects them to the rest of the Universe. I feel that the further out of sync someone becomes, the worse their lives get and they might become violent or some such.

Very often people will spend lifetimes working on finding the rhythm that best suits and connects them. At the end of our lives, I don't feel that our spirit as a whole reincarnates into another body, but rather that when we die we shed the excess elements that have thrown us out of sync, and the stronger rhythm that embodies us will move into another as their heart and body develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh YES!